Saturday, August 3, 2019

Since March....

Looking at my postings for 2019, I can't help but feel disappointed in myself. The neglect I've show to this blog is evident. The truth is, I've been writing rather frequently in a couple of physical journals. I've actually quite fallen in love with writing in my journal. The whole experience of putting my thoughts to page has allowed me to gain a whole new perspective, and the ability to better sort out my thoughts and feelings.

Which leads me to this blog. I'm not sure what to do with it? I'm actually think it might be a good idea to start a formal website, where I can host all of my podcasts, CV, writings, and the link. A one stop shop for all things Pete. I could also see a new site enabling me to pursue a new creative outlets.

At the same time, I'm a very sentimental person, and shutting down this blog would have an effective on me. For over ten years, it has been one of my main creative outlets. If memory serves, I created this blog to get into better writing shape, as I prepared to enter Grad School. Memories. I was so young back then.

Anyways, I think I should set a goal for myself. For the month of August, I want to post at least 10 more times. 28 days left to accomplish this.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

I've been lacking in posts on my blog too. I think part of it is wanting to write complete blog posts. Often times I need to get the images off my phone and into my post, but I don't have the time to connect all the images, so I let the blog post sit in drafts in my Evernote.

I don't like the idea of my RSS feed publishing posts without an image. If I got back two days later and update the image, most people's RSS readers won't catch that update, because it already pulled the article as soon as I published it. I'm thinking about customizing my RSS feed to update only once a week. However, I might be over thinking it.

Some days I think my blog might be better off as a wiki. Just a constantly updated website. Wikis are much more organized. And it might force me to organize my thoughts more. But then I would get into the trap of overthinking, instead of just writing and posting. So then I'm left stuck with unpublished posts.