Saturday, July 20, 2019

99% Invisible and An Episode on Sand

Over the past few months, 99% Invisible has been killing it with excellent episodes. It started with their show on social infrastructure and continue onto their most recent show I listened to. You would think that an episode on sand would be the most boring, dull, and useless episode ever created, right? 
Well, we were both wrong. This episode is captivating, insightful, and one of the most important episodes we collectively as a society should listen to. It perfectly illustrates how we and nature are so interconnected. If you wonder why we are experiencing so many environmental catastrophes, this is a perfect example. I cannot recommend this episode enough. 


3 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

Instead of "Built on Sand", I felt like this episode should been called "Built on Concrete." Very interesting nonetheless.

Matt Maldre said...

I wish this episode was on SoundCloud. I'd love to read inline comments throughout this episodes.

Up until last year 99% Invisible episodes were posted on SoundCloud. Rather amazing that Roman Mars has 1.22 million followers!

Chi-Town Kid 83 said...

Yeah I just noticed that it isn't on SoundCloud anymore either. I bet all of the old episodes are on a premium streaming service now. Or just online.