Saturday, August 31, 2019

Favorite Books 21 - 25

The final posting on my 25 favorite books.



25. The Neptune Files by Tom Standage 
The story told in "The Neptune Files" is amazing. It's a race against the clock match up between two scientists trying to prove that their mathematical theory is the one that discovered a planet. Think of it. We as a species is intelligent enough to discover a planet by using mathematics. It's a great story, and I cannot recommend it enough.







24. Porcelain by Moby 
This may be my all time favorite musician memoir. The stories in this book are unreal, and utterly captivating. It also made me a fan of Moby's music even more.







23. The Other Seriousness by Christy Wampole
This book made me think. Like really think. I remember when I finishing this book, and thinking about the content and ideas discussed in the book for days afterwards. Also, this was the first "book of essays" that I read, that I utterly loved!








22. All the President's Men by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein
This is one of the most important books written about American politics, and it should be read by everyone. Period.








21. Animal Farm by George Orwell
This was a tough choice. I love Animal Farm. I love 1984. But I could only pick one, so I decided to go with Animal Farm because I read this first. Animal Farm is a masterpiece. It captures the Russian Revolution in a way that makes it understandable, and easy to follow. If you are looking for one Orwell book to read, this is the one to read.

2 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

I love Animal Farm too

Chi-Town Kid 83 said...

It's so good!!! Although it's been a while since I've read it. I may need to bust it out again. That and 1984 too.