Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Favorite Movies 5-1

And now, my top five favorite movies of all time.

5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)



In my humble opinion, it is always a good idea to watch an Indiana Jones movie, and The Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones movie. It has every. Action, adventure, romance, comedy, betrayal, and Sean Connery, the original James Bond as Indiana Jones' father. It's the perfect action movie.

4. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)



Growing up I was a HUGE Star Trek fan. I would even say I liked Star Trek more than Star Wars, and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is the reason why. I feel like in today's society, a movie like this could not be made. There's no real clear villain. There isn't a lot of action in it. It's a race against time film that is truly fun for the entire family. About two weeks ago, I re-watched it for the first time in a couple of years, and I had a smile on my face the entire time. It may not be the best Star Trek film made, but it is certainly my favorite.

3. Superman: The Movie: (1978)



The original and the best superhero movie ever made. It's now forty years old, and I still believe that a man can fly. What more can be said about this movie, that hasn't already been said. It's magical!

Before I get to my number 1 and 2 favorite movies of all time, I would just like to say that this decision was really hard!! I love both of these films equally, and the reason why my number one is number one is because I've known it longer. I've loved it since I was four or five. But Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind took my idea of what a movie can be and turned it upside down.

2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)



I have watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind probably fifty times, and each time I've watch it, I see something new. In my estimation, this may be one of the three perfect movies I've ever seen. (The other two being the Godfather and Citizen Kane.) If you cut a single scene, a single scene,  it changes the entire dynamic of the movie. Between the cast, Michel Gondry's direction and cinematography, the score, and by far the Charley Kaufmann script, what you have is a receipt for pure perfection. I love this movie so much!

1. Ghostbusters (1984)



Who you goin' call? Ghostbusters! I never tire of Ghostbusters. I love everything about it. I even own it on DVD and Blu-Ray. Just encase. It's simply the best.

1 comment:

Erik Maldre said...

What genre is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?