Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My Interview with Jonathan Goldstein

So tomorrow (Wednesday August 16th) is going to be a really cool day for me. At 2pmCST on WXAV 88.3FM and wxav.com, I will be airing my interview with Jonathan Goldstein. Goldstein is currently hosting a series from Gimlet Media called "Heavyweight", and is the former host of of my all time favorite podcast "WireTap".

To say this is a big deal for me is really an understatement. Goldstein is, without a doubt, my favorite audio storyteller/podcast, and I've been a fan of his work for about eight years now. I love the way he crafts and organzies his stories. They are told in a way that I find incredibly engaging, and I wish I was half as talented as he is.

It's weird reflecting on this, but when I interviewed him a week ago, I was really nervous. I mean, here's a guy who I would listen to when I ate my breakfast. And for a few moments, he knew who I was! It was a really cool honor, and I think the interview turned out well.

I'll be airing it as a special edition for my podcast series 'The Looking Glass' in the coming weeks as well, and I'll be sure to share a link here.

No comments: