1. Ry Cooder: The Prodigal Son
As of right now, Ry Cooder's The Prodigal Son is my favorite album of 2018. The sound, the lyrics, they are so full of hope and soul. Absolutely incredible.
2. Lord Huron: Vide Noir
Another excellent album from Lord Huron. Not as "folkies" as Lonesome Dreams, but just as good.
3. We Are Scientists: Megaplex
An absolutely perfect indie-pop album. My favorite We Are Scientists album since 2008's "Brain Thrust Mastery".
4. Moby: Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt
Moby is a machine. Three albums in three years. This one really reminds me of his 1996 album "Animal Rights".
5. I'm With Her: See You Around
I'm with Her really reminds me of the Punch Brothers, which is a good thing. A really good alt-country/folk album.
6. Andrew W.K.: You're Not Alone
It's an Andrew W.K. album. Enough said.
7. Middle Western: When Your Demons are Underground, and You've Got to Dig Them Up
No YouTube videos are available. The best way I can explain them is, William Elliott Whitmore with a band. (Because that's what it is...)
8. Mastersystem: Dance Music
Sadly, this is Scott Hutchinson's final album released in his lifetime. It's totally different from Frightened Rabbit, but still features Hutchinson's powerful lyrics.