Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Some Great New Music

Thus far 2014 is shaping into a pretty fantastic year for new music. I've recently discovered two new artists, that I cannot get enough of.

St. Vincent
St. Vincent is a former guitarist of Sufjan Stevens, who has gone solo. She recently released her third solo album entitled St. Vincent. It is beyond amazing. She has this great vibe to her music, and is one hell of a guitar player. After listening to this album, I felt like I had just found a new favorite band. And the best part, is I have.



Stark Sands and Punch Brothers
This is a track off of the Inside Llewyn Davis movie, which was released late 2013.  The musicianship on this song is out of this world. I love the fact that this is a quiet song, but grabs your attention, and does not let go until the song is over. I'm currently on the look out for new music from Stark Sands.

No comments: