Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A New Dwarf Planet = Cool Art

NPR had an article posted today entitled: "New Dwarf Planet Found At The Solar System's Outer Limits". As the title suggests, the article discusses how there may be additionally dwarf planets located at the very edge of the solar system. This discovery is fascinating enough, but that wasn't what grabbed my attention. It was the image that was posted with the article that has blown me away. I've posted it below:

Scott S. Sheppard/Carnegie Institution for Science 


The utter simplicity of the image grabs me. When I first saw the image, and before I read the headline, I thought the article was about art. This serves as a nice reminder for me that the Universe is very much alive, and full of beauty, always waiting to be discovered.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

Yes! The universe IS art. You should check out http://www.spudart.org/earthsun/