Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Cool New Podcast I've Discovered

I stumbled across a new podcast while on PRX (The Public Radio Exchange) a few weeks back. It's called 'Imaginary Worlds', and it explores the genres of science fiction and fantasy, specifically how the genres are created and how we, the audience, are able to suspend our disbelief.

I'm really enjoying this podcast a lot. It explores these genres in a fresh way. It's not just two individuals discussing what they like or dislike about a particular subject. It's far more in depth. The creator of the podcast, Eric Molinsky, has a terrific interview with DC comic book writer Scott Snyder, in which they focus on Snyder's psychological take on Batman.

There's also a great features discussing how superhero customs are created, and how action figures influenced an entire generation of sci-fi and fantasy genre fans. If you are a fan of any of these types of topics, I cannot recommend Imaginary Worlds enough.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

I'm gonna add this podcast to my subscriptions!