Sunday, April 27, 2014

Behind the Curve

I fell like I am behind the curve on this one, but this week I discovered the band Yeasayer. Holy crap, are they catchy as hell. They have a very 1980s New Wave sound, only with a modern feel. All I know is that I have not stopped listening to them since Thursday.

The band hails from Brooklyn NY, and have been around since 2006/2007. Their discography consists of three full length albums, and a couple of EPs and live releases. I've included a live performance that Yeasayer did on the Jools Holland program. It really does a nice job showcasing their sound. 

Here's the weird part. I came across Yeasayer from my own iTunes library. I was listening to my iTunes library on shuffle this week, and Yeasayer came on. I have no idea how I got their music... It's almost like the musical gods wanted me to have these music as a gift.

No comments: