Monday, March 20, 2017

First Posting of March

I cannot believe that I have gone twenty days without a single posting here on my blog. It wasn't even laziness on my part. I got pulled into reading multiple books over the course of March that were absolutely captivating.

The first book was a biography of Ray Bradbury entitled The Bradbury Chronicles. It's absolutely terrific, and I feel like I know Bradbury after reading it. The other cool aspect of the book is that I feel like I found my "spirit animal" where it comes to art, creativity, and storytelling. Bradbury always said be true to the story that you are trying to tell, and keep working. Actually, now that I think of it, it's a pretty inspiring book. Highly recommended if you are interested in Bradbury or just a great biography.

The second series I've been reading quite a bit of is DC Rebirth. Thus far I've read the general Rebirth title, Action Comics, Superman, and Green Arrow. The hype is real for DC Rebirth. It's a great reintroduction to the legendary cast of characters. It's almost like a love letter to fans and to the history of these characters. Plus, I'm really happy that both Superman stories are written so well. He is after all my favorite superhero.

2 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

Yeah, I've been in a blogging drought too. :-\

Chi-Town Kid 83 said...

It's just been so difficult to set aside time to write. I'm currently forcing myself to do it. :)