Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Craziness of the Past Two Weeks

I knew last week was going to be busy, but I had no idea it would be as crazy busy as it was. At the radio station I oversee, we installed a brand new on-air automation and scheduling system. It's a computer system that picks what music gets played on the air, and then plays it on the air.

We ended up going with the WideOrbit automation system and MusicMaster on-air scheduling. Both systems are very impressive, and is taking me a while to get used to it. When you work with one particular automation system for 13 years, it was a little foolish of myself to think I would master these two new programs over night.

Luckily the growing pains are beginning to end, and the student staff is taking to the new system very well. I promise next week, I'll return with a more "exciting" posting.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

As challenging as it may be, learning a new systems can be good. I'm glad to hear you diving into the new system.