Tuesday, February 19, 2013

PRX...Radio Gold

Over the weekend, I discovered a radio service called PRX. PRX is the Public Radio Exchange, and it essentially acts as a syndication service of radio programs and podcasts. Most of these programs are independently produced. (Check out their website, prx.org) Such programs that are "syndicated" from PRX include Sound Opinions, The Moth Radio Hour, and nowlikephotographs. If you have SiriusXM, you can listen to the PRX channel, it is #123. Additionally, many of PRX's programs air on NPR affiliated radio stations.

There are two things that I love about this. 1. I can submit my audio work for other people to listen to and enjoy. I have been looking for over a year for an avenue to promote my audio productions. Now it seems that I have found a viable outlet. 2. The variety. Over the past few days, I have listened to so many great radio programs and podcasts that my mind has literally been blown away. Anyone who says radio is not relevant anymore, has not heard any of the programs on PRX. It is great radio storytelling. I cannot say enough good things about it. Please try and check it out.

No comments: