Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Interviewing Yoko Ono

This past week, I did something I never thought I could of done in a million years. I interviewed Yoko Ono. Grant it, it was over email, so one of her assistants could of very easily done it for her. But it doesn't matter. I can formally say that I interviewed the widow of my hero, John Lennon.

Someone like Yoko seems so far away. Like she is from another universe. This person was a part of a moment that changed the world forever. That just blows my mind. Her, along with John, did things and wrote music that made this world a different place. And she answered MY QUESTIONS!!! It is almost like I climbed Mt. Olympus and was able to speak to Hera. 

It's a little difficult to wrap my brain around it. If I can interview her, then I could almost interview anyone. I tell my students that the worse anyone can tell you is no. If you can live with a no, then you have nothing to fear. An event like this, really reinforces that thought process for me. What's to say that I couldn't interview Sir Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr?

So I guess the lesson of this story is don't be afraid. You never know what you will be able to accomplish. I got to interview Yoko Ono.

No comments: