Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Lost and Found Sounds: The Rise and Fall and Rise of Thomas Edison Part I

During these stressful and uncertain times, I've turned to podcasts as sources of entertainment and distractions. One series in particular has offered much needed reprise from the modern world, and I hope you'll give it a listen.

Davia Nelson and Nikki Silva, better known as the Peabody Award Winning independent producers 'The Kitchen Sisters', produced an incredible series entitled "Lost and Found Sounds", which aired on All Things Considered on NPR. Described on its website as "Richly layered tales chronicling people possessed by sound who shaped the sonic landscape of the nation."

I LOVE this series. I love it when storytellers are able to tell you a familiar story, but from a totally different and unusual perspective. That's exactly what "Lost and Found Sounds" is. Here's my favorite episode thus far, it's entitled: The Rise and Fall and Rise of Thomas Edison Part 1. 

No comments: