Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Palaces for the People

Last week, 99% Invisible published an episode entitled: "Palaces for the People", and it features an extensive interview between host Roman Mars and Eric Klinenberg. Quite honestly, it is one of the most fascinating interviews I've listened to in years.

Klinenberg is the author of the book: " Palaces for the People: How Social Infrastructure Can Help Fight Inequality, Polarization, and the Decline of Civic Life. If you believe in the importance of libraries, public spaces, public parks, and how these spaces can improve the overall quality of life in a specific community, then this is something you need to listen to right now!

I don't want to go into further details, please do yourself a favor, and listen to it right now. I fore one felt inspired and motivated after I listened to it. I hope that you will feel the same way.

Listen here 

No comments: