Monday, September 24, 2018

The One and Only Ringo Starr

Photo Credit: Me
On Saturday September 22nd, 2018, I was lucky enough to see the one and only Ringo Starr perform  at the world famous Chicago Theater. This was the third time I saw him, and each time has been a truly unique experience. I think what makes a Ringo Starr show different from a Paul McCartney one is his sense of humor. Ringo is really, really funny, and his show is a perfect showcase of "The Beatle Humor". Think of the film A Hard Day's Night, only right in front of you, and that's a Ringo show.

For example, one of the jokes he cracked was when he just finished messing around with a keyboard on stage. He goes: "I wrote lots of songs while I was in the Beatles. None of them were recorded." Just a fun night all around. And a killer setlist too. Check it out below.


1. Matchbox
2. It Don't Come Easy
3. What Goes On
4. Dreadlock Holiday
5. Evil Ways
6. Rosanna
7. Down Under
8. Boys
9. Don't Pass Me By
10. Yellow Submarine
11. I'm Not in Love
12. Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen
13. You're Sixteen
14. Anthem
15. Overkill
16. Africa
17. Oye Como Va
18. I Wanna Be Ya Man
19. The Things We Do For Love
20. Who Can It Be Now?
21. Hold the Line
22. Photograph
23. Act Naturally
24. A Little Help from My Friends/Give Peace a Chance

No comments: