Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Two Cool Things

www.express.co.uk
This week I discovered two really interesting items. The first comes from the street artist Banksy. The name of the piece is called "Mobile Lovers" *Details here. I absolutely love this piece. I think it does an incredible commentary of how much society puts social media presence as the number one priority over physical contact.

The second item involves my cousin Matt. He wrote this really interesting blog post entitled: "The Truth of Seinfeld Can Be Applied to Comic Strips". Matt discusses how most comic strips are self contained, and how they could benefit from a longer narrative. I think this is a really interesting concept, and would love to see comic writers apply this.

I understand why they keep it self-contained but sometimes to grow your readership by creating longer stories that get you invested into the characters.



No comments: