Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Harry Houdini...Superhero?

Last week I picked up a book called The Secret Life of Harry Houdini: The Making of America's First Superhero. I must admit I've never been a "huge" fan of magic or of Houdini. I enjoy magic as much as the next person, but it was never one of my primary interests.

However there was something about the book that caught my attention. (Yes it was the superhero line.) I've never thought of Houdini as a superhero, but in some respects he was. He could escape from any number of dangerous situations much to the amazement of his audience. (If Houdini were any superhero, he would have to be Batman. Maybe Nightwing...)

I just started the book yesterday, and thus far it has been very fascinating. Once I've completed it, I will have to write a full book review on my goodreads account.

No comments: