Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Great Feeling

The Concert for George CD and DVD Cover
Earlier this week it was announced that the Concert for George will released for the first time on vinyl to celebrate George Harrison's 75th birthday. It's set to be released at the end of February, and being the crazy diehard Beatle fan that I am went and ordered myself a copy. While I was doing that, I pulled out my CD copy my sister got me for Christmas back in 2003, and began re-listening to it.

Beyond being a magnificent concert in and of itself, there was something else about it that I seemed to have forgotten, but was reminded of when I was re-listening to it. Have you ever experienced a feeling when listening to an album? A feeling of comfort, joy, remembrance of happy times, friendship, and such much more?  I can't describe it, but I just got overwhelmed with these positive feelings.

Maybe it's because it reminds me of my first two years of college, and that period of time was such an incredibly happy time in my life. Whatever it is, I really love the feeling. Over the past three days, I've probably listened to the double album 2 or three times in its entirety, and each time I still get these wonderful feelings.

I think I'll have to add this album to my regular rotation of albums I listen to throughout the year.

No comments: