Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Interesting Classical Music

Over the past year and a half, I have found myself listening to more and more classical music. I feel like most people my age turn their noses up to classical music. I feel like there is a stereotype that classical music is for "older rich people", is boring, or even stuffy. The more I listen to it, the more I feel myself breaking away from this stereotype. The more I listen to classical music, the more I find myself being engaged, and blown away by the many layers and beauty of the music.

As I've continued my exploration of the genre, I've found myself listening to film scores. This is usually the incidental music composed specifically for a film to add dramatic weight to particular scenes. The film scores that I've really enjoyed are the scores for Start Trek movies. They are utterly beautiful. One song that I particularly enjoy comes from Star Trek: Insurrection. It's called: Ba'Ku Village, and is from the opening credits of the film. It's really lovely.


No comments: