Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Random Thoughts for Wednesday October 7th, 2015

Ai Weiwei Documentary
Last night on PBS, I watched an absolutely engaging documentary on Chinese artist Ai Weiwei. The name of the documentary is: Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case. It chronicles the artist's trouble with the Chinese government. It is an absolutely inspiring documentary. I've been a fan of Weiwei's art for the past few years, and this documentary gives a fantastic perspective on his art, political beliefs, and philosophy on life. After watching it, I felt invigorated to go and create.



Imaginary Worlds: The Truth is Out There
This morning, I listened to one of my new favorite podcasts, Imaginary Worlds. This week's episode focused on the cult TV show "The X-Files", which lead to a larger exploration of the world of conspiracy theories. I've been wanting to do a program on conspiracy theories for the past few years, but could never figure out the direction I wanted to do. (I've always felt the radio would be an engaging medium to explore conspiracy theories.) This episode is absolutely fantastic. In fact, its so good, I listened to it twice. Host Eric Molinsky created a really special episode of audio here.



Arrow: Holy Crap!!
The new episode of Arrow debuted tonight, and HOLY CRAP!!!! It's 1 hour of pure superhero fun.

No comments: