Sunday, March 22, 2015

Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck

I am a child of the 1990s, and because of this I am a HUGE fan of Nirvana. In fact I feel that Nirvana and The Beatles are the most important musical acts of all time. When you look back at Nirvana's discography, they technically only released three albums. (Bleach, Nevermind, and In Utero. Their album Incesticide is nothing but B-sides and Unplugged is a live album.) Yet their impact on music is undeniable.

With Kurt Cobain's death in 1994, a public yearning to learn everything there is to know about him has evolved. He has become a mythical rock figure much like John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, or Elvis Presley.  Montage of Heck aims to change all of that. Produced by Cobain's daughter Francis Bean, Montage of Heck will show the very human side of this alternative icon.

The trailer for this new documentary was released last week, and after viewing it I was utterly speechless. Actually, I was very close to tears at its end. And this was just the trailer. It looks like Montage of Heck achieves its goal of showing the person that is Kurt Cobain. And I for one cannot wait to see it.


No comments: