Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Something Creative Once A Day

The past four weeks for me have been absolutely insane to say the least.

1) I became an uncle for the first time
2) The students returned from summer holiday
     a. Hired new staffs
     b. Began training staffs
     c. Publication of Xavierite
     d. Football season/Homecoming/Spoke at a student leadership conference/Riot Fest
3) Assisting my sister and brother in law move into their first house
4) Broke the front drivers side door of my car
5) College Radio Day

Now I'm not saying all of this to complain. I am very grateful to have a job that I love, and the ability to pay my bills. But phew, I need a little bit of a break. There's been a few projects that I've been inching to begin working on, but have found it difficult to find the time to begin working on them. Thus I find myself becoming a little bit more agitated than I usually am.

So today I have decided to re-dedicate myself to being creative, not being so easily agitated, and work on a few of my own projects. Hence I have issued myself a little challenge. Once a day for a week I want to try and do something creative. Whether its take a an interesting photo, or create something audibly. Just to do something to get my creative juices flowing. To meet today's challenge, I edited two interviews. One with Andrew W.K., and the other with Matt Kelly from the Dropkick Murphys. Unfortunately I can't upload the promo yet. It has to make its debut on College Radio Day.

2 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

Busy times! Things have been crazy for me the past five weeks. I estimate that I worked about 90 extra overtime hours during those five weeks.

Although the varying amount of work you are doing looks like more than mine.

Funny, I looked back at some files on my computer from last year and I was crazy in September 2013 too. Something about September.

Chi-Town Kid 83 said...

That's crazy Matt. 90 extra hours is a lot. I looked back at some of my old files as well recently, and September was crazy for me as well. It must be the month.