Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Great New Graphic Novel

Yesterday, I received in the mail Vol. 2 of The Manhattan Projects. The Manhattan Projects is a comic book series that tells the story of Einstein, Oppenheimer, and the "other" projects they worked on for the U.S. government. (The atom bomb was just the beginning, DUH, DUH, DUH, DUH.) How these famous scientists react to the new situations of aliens, time traveling, parallel dimensions, and the Communists, form the core narrative of this series.

I read Vol. 1 a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I thought it told a great Science Fiction story that was engaging, imaginative, and gruesome. (Some of the fighting scenes are incredible grotesque and fun at the same time.) I've been on a great string of late on finding really fun graphic novels to read. See Rocketeer post.

More and more I am finding myself really enjoying the genre of Science Fiction. When done well, science fiction tells great human stories. They are just placed in extraordinary circumstances. I have great faith that Vol. 2 of The Manhattan Projects will not disappoint. I'll post my review in the coming weeks.

No comments: