Sunday, February 24, 2019

Trying to Learn Spanish

So I'm trying to learn Spanish...again. I took four years of Spanish in high school, and I don't remember any of it. I think it's because I never took it seriously while I was learning it. It always seemed like the class you just had to take, so then you could be done with it in college. I think it's safe to say that I never fully appreciated the opportunity to learn another cultures language.

So I'm trying to change that. I've downloaded the Dulingo app, and I'm trying to practice once a day. The only part that sucks is I'm on the free app, and it's difficult to progress forward. You need to get these health points, but you only have a particular window in order to get the points. However, there are a few phrases that I've practiced a number of times, that I think I've master thus far.

Ella es una niña.
Él es un niño.
Yo soy un hombre
Pédro come manzana. 
Él hospital este aquí.

It's not much, but it's a start.

2 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

Tonight as I read books to Julia before bed, one of the books she selected was "1000 words in French". Not wanting to slaughter the French language, i told Julia that mommy is better reading this book to her.

Now if she selected a German book, I'd be all over that.

Chi-Town Kid 83 said...

French is hard!!! I could never get the pronunciation correct. And aren't you fluent in German?