Saturday, June 30, 2018

Writing in a Notebook

Over the past six months, I've purchased three moleskin notebooks. I'm really enjoying writing in them everyday It almost feels like I'm leaving a little piece of myself in them after I've written in them. If I'm lucky enough to become a father, I think these notebooks could be a really cool heirloom for my children to have. They can see dad's handwriting, thoughts, and ideas evolve over time.

I recommend you try writing in one. They really are a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

Very cool! I need to write in my notepad more often. In honor of your blog post, I am now going to keep my notepad on my desk. https://www.flickr.com/photos/spudart/42437411104/

Chi-Town Kid 83 said...

That is so cool!!! How have you enjoyed writing in the notebook?

Matt Maldre said...

Only took me four years to respond to your question. I love writing in a notebook. Although, admittedly in the past few years I haven't really done it.

I was thinking about that today as I was printing out pages for my 2023 notepad.

In the past, I would use the notepad when I was NOT in front of a computer. Times like when I'm out to lunch. Or when I'm on the train. Now, I'm never really out to lunch (working from home), and I don't ride the train anymore. And even when I have the notepad by my computer, I tend to just capture the notes on the computer, because it's so much easier to type stuff out.

Today I was reading Austin Kleon's blog and listening to a podcast interview with him. He's big on notebooks. Now I'm back to trying to use a notepad again.

Looking through my 2022 notepad, it was encouraging to see how I tried to use it last year. I would handwrite a verse every day. I did that for a week or two. I'm going to pick that habit up again for 2023.