Monday, September 25, 2017

Four Formats

Over the past month or so, I've been thinking of ways to improve my podcast series "The Looking Glass". Overall, I feel that the show has many bright spots, but it is in danger of becoming stagnate. After listening to a wide variety of shows, speaking to friends, colleagues, and family, I feel that I might have thought of four "formats" that I could employ that will help improve my series drastically. Here are my ideas, and I should not that none of these format ideas are original. They've all been employed by other broadcasters, but nevertheless they will be new to me.

1. First person storytelling. Little to no narration throughout the entire piece. This will allow the guest to tell their story.

2. Documentary Style. Interviews. Soundbytes. The public interviewed for opinions. Narration used to tie the story together. Very traditional style.

3. Current Style. Interview cut up with narration connecting the pieces together.

4. Unabridged Interview. Air the interview as is.

I'm excited about these new styles, and can't wait to employ them into my storytelling.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

I really like how you do your podcast now, so I don't have any specific feedback. I wish I could give you some specifics, but yeah, experiment with these different techniques. It's always good to try new things and branch out, widen your spectrum.