Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ray Bradbury Biography

Photo Credit: www.amazon.com
I'm really excited. I was in the library today, and as I was walking through the stacks a book jumped out at me! The Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury is a biography of the great Sci-Fi writer, written by Sam Weller.

What particularly grabbed me was the description of the book on the dust jacket. If this book is half as good as that short description, I am in for a real treat. For instance, I never knew that Bradbury never learned to drive, he only took public transportation or rode his bike. As I get older, I find myself more drawn to that type of lifestyle. In fact, whenever I go downtown or to the north side of Chicago, I always try to take public transportation. There's something about sitting there with a whole group of individuals that makes me feel truly apart of a community.

Plus, anytime I can learn more about the writing of Fahrenheit 451, sign me up.

No comments: