Sunday, September 11, 2016

50 Years of Star Trek


This past Thursday was the 50th anniversary of Star Trek making its television debut. It's really hard to believe that Star Trek is that old. Growing up, I was a HUGE Star Trek fan. I would watch Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home on an almost continuous loop. In fact, if I remember correctly, Star Trek IV was the first VHS tape I ever owned. Anyways, to celebrate this milestone, I've gone back and re-watched a lot of the movies, and some of the old TV series. (I'll take any excuse to re-watch Deep Space Nine. It's so good!)

So I thought it would be fun to compile my list of my favorite Star Trek movies. I'll probably go more in-depth on my reasonings in a future posting. I won't be doing it here in this post mainly because I'm currently battling a nasty head cold, and am ready to go to sleep. Until then, this will have to do.

1. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
3. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
4. Star Trek: First Contact (VIII)
5. Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
6. Star Trek Beyond (XIII)
7. Star Trek (XI)
8. Star Trek: Insurrection (IX)
9. Star Trek: Generations (VII)
10. Star Trek Into Darkness (XII)
11. Start Trek: Nemesis (X)
12. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
13. Star Trek: The Motion Picture

No comments: