Tuesday, December 8, 2015

35 Years Ago Today....

pujamandela.wordpress.com
December 8th is always a melancholy day for me. It's the anniversary of my musical hero's untimely death. December 8th, 1980 John Lennon was murdered while returning home from a recording session. It's still difficult for me at times to comprehend this fact that he is gone. As I am typing this posting, I'm listening to "Nobody Told Me" and "Borrowed Time", both recorded shortly before his death, and he sounds so full of life. Plus the music is phenomenal.

Earlier today I was speaking with one of my closest friends about this subject, and we both agreed that Lennon's songs recorded during the Double Fantasy sessions sound modern. Not just musically, but lyrically. Lennon was really struck something special when he was recording. Though it is a sad occasion, it does give one a reason to reflect on life, and not take a moment for granted.





No comments: