Monday, November 17, 2014

John Lennon Mix CD

I recently did an experiment. For year's I've loved John Lennon's Double Fantasy and Milk & Honey LPs. Both albums are terrific examples of Lennon being at peace and happy with his life. (Which make these albums even more tragic.)

But I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of Yoko Ono's singing/songs on these albums, and often found myself skipping her tracks. Sorry John :( So I finally decided to make a mix CD of just Lennon's songs from these two albums. And let me tell you the results are terrific!!!

I call the mix CD "A Double Fantasy of Milk & Honey", and below is the track-listing. As I'm listening to it, I found myself noticing things that I never noticed before. For example Grow Old with Me and My Little Flower Princess are two grossly underrated songs. Especially Grow Old with Me. There's a gentleness to the song that is captivating.

I highly recommend any music fan go out and re-discover this great music. It's classic, yet modern all at the same time.

1. (Just Like) Starting Over
2. Cleanup Time
3. Nobody Told Me
4. I'm Losing You
5. Dear Yoko
6. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)
7. Watching the Wheels
8. I Don't Want to Face It
9. Borrowed Time
10. My Little Flower Princess
11. I'm Stepping Out
12. Woman
13. Grow Old with Me


No comments: