Sunday, November 10, 2013

My 115th Post

While I was logging in, I noticed on my log in screen that this will be my 115th blog posting. To be frank, I am very surprised I reached this number. Sometimes I have a habit of saying I'm going to do something, and then never accomplishing that particular goal. However I am rather pleased about this one. I started this blog with the intention of improving my writing skills for Grad School. One year removed from Grad School, I've actually increased the number of posting I do per month.  Whether or not I have been successful in improving my writing skills is still up for debate. But the fact that I set a goal and have surpassed the original goal, is a pretty dame good feeling.

To celebrate this blog milestone, I think I will have some ice cream. But before that I must inform you that I just signed up for Tumblr. And I'm not really sure what I am going to do with it. See Facebook is my general social networking output. My Twitter is an extension of my Facebook, only with way more Simpsons quotes that I've retweeted. My Google+ is for the general promotion of this masterpiece of a blog. But with Tumblr, I'm not sure. I was sort of toying with the idea of posting a series of interesting pictures I've taken that have to follow a certain criteria. (Only pictures taken on my mobile phone, no filters, things like that.) The other idea was for my Tumblr to be the place for me to post the short stories I am working on. Or maybe something radio related?

We will have to wait with baited breath while I figure out exactly what I will be posting on there. But until then, here is a great song by this band I've recently gotten into, The Punch Brothers. The name of the track is called This Girl.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

Congratulations on your 115th! Keep it up and you'll have 200! On my mattmaldre.com blog, I have 121 published blog posts, so we are neck-and-neck. That's pretty cool. I'd say our frequency is about the same on those blogs.

Another interesting parallel is Erik's unlikelymoose blog and my spudart blog. Erik has 2,007 blog posts to date. I have 2,746 blog posts. It's rather mind-blowing. But we both had some extensive periods of posting one blog post per day. That adds up. Erik's blog started in 2004; mine in 2001.

Your outline of usage on various social media opens up an interesting door for tumblr. My comment here on tumblr was getting so long that I just made it into a blog post: Check out my 122nd blog post on mattmaldre.com!
http://mattmaldre.com/2013/11/12/should-you-post-articles-on-tumblr/