Tuesday, June 11, 2013

An Internet Treasue

Score another one for the Internet. I was on eBay the other day, and what do I find? The Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack... on vinyl. Hell yeah!! So of course I had to buy it, and it arrived today. (As I write this blog I am listening to it, and may I say that it is magnificent.) A few blog posts ago, I wrote about the Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack here, so I don't want to go into too much detail.

That being said, this soundtrack is a perfect representation of the late 1980s. It has this particular vibe to it that I can't explain it. Maybe I'm crazy but don't certain time periods have a certain feel to them? If you asked me to identify what the vibe of the late 80s is, I'd have to plead the 5th Amendment. I can't even fully explain it, but I can identify it when I see it.

Maybe it's because the late 80s were my youth, and you view your youth through rose coloured glasses? All I know is that Bobby Brown's "On Our Own" is pretty dope.

No comments: