Monday, October 24, 2011

Part 3: The Best Part of 2004/2005

This reflection on my glory years has made me realize a few simple truths. 1. 2004/2005 had some pretty killer music debut. (Look at Arcade Fire and Bloc Party.) 2. The movies and television were pretty awesome as well. (Look at Sopranos and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.) But the real reason why 2004/2005 were my glory years is because it was during this time that I met my core group of friends. It's very rare to meet a group of people and know immediately that you will be friends with them for the rest of your life. But that is exactly what happened to me.

We have been through some great times, and some horrible times. But there has been one constant for all of us. Each of us knows that the other is there for them. And that is the beauty of it. No matter what happens we have one another’s back. The thing I miss the most from this time period is the fact that I got to see each of them everyday. Nowadays I am not afforded that luxury. However when we do get together, it is a rockin’ good time.

Even though it is a cliche thing to say, there is truth in it. Friendship is one of the most important things an individual needs to have in order to have a complete and happy life. Because of that simple fact cherish them every single day.

(I hope to have a picture forthcoming)

No comments: